TOMATO, WATERMELON, AND QUEBEC STRAWBERRY SALAD WITH ZA’ATAR CHICKEN
In collaboration with
Emilie Gaillet, Emilie Murmure
30 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor chicken breasts, sliced
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) Za’atar spice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. (3 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (3 ml) smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) pistachios, chopped
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) ground cumin
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 ml) heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olives
- 10 ripe Quebec strawberries
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cubed watermelon
- 2 cups (500 ml) arugula
- A few fresh basil leaves
Click the steps to erase them.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Add chicken breasts. Let marinate until the salad is ready.
- Grill chicken strips a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Combine all ingredients and let infuse in the refrigerator.
- Toast sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and cumin for 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add a pinch of salt. Remove the seeds from the skillet and let cool.
- Slice tomatoes and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Cut olives and strawberries in half.
- In a salad bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, strawberries, watermelon cubes, arugula, and basil. Top with dressing.
- Serve tomato salad with Za’atar chicken and toasted seeds.
Skip this section