WATERCRESS, GREEN APPLE, AND CHICKEN SALAD WITH FRESH GOAT CHEESE DRESSING
15 min Prepping
5 min Cooking
- 2 cups (500 ml) roasted chicken meat (from a whole roasted Exceldor chicken)
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 cups (500 ml) watercress, washed and dried
- 1 green apple, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, in ribbons
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) roasted pecans
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) 15% cream
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) plain yogurt
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- Gently shred roast chicken meat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
- On a large serving dish, arrange lettuce, watercress, apple slices, cucumber ribbons, and radish slices. Garnish with chicken meat, roasted nuts, and fresh herbs. Drizzle dressing just before serving.