KOREAN CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
20 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 6 Exceldor boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) miso paste
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) sambal oelek chili paste (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 12 leaves soft lettuce (e.g., Boston), washed and dried
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into thin sticks
- Green onions, chopped
- Mint leaves
- Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 cups (500 ml) steamed rice
Click the steps to erase them.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup (85 ml) of marinade in another bowl to use as dipping sauce. Pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag and add chicken. Rub chicken in bag to work in marinade. Let marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Add 3 tbsp. (45 ml) water to reserved marinade and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat BBQ on high and grill chicken on a well-oiled grill, using indirect heat by turning off burner directly under chicken and leaving opposite burner on high. Grill 6 minutes per side. When chicken is cooked, cut it into strips.
- On a large serving plate, arrange all toppings, chicken, and sauce. Take a leaf of lettuce, garnish it with rice, the toppings of your choice, and chicken. Gently close the lettuce leaf to form a wrap, dip in the sauce, and enjoy.