CRUNCHY NAPA CABBAGE AND ROAST CHICKEN SALAD
15 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 750 ml (3 cups) chopped Napa cabbage
- 250 ml (2 cups) julienned carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 250 ml (1 cup) sliced sugar snap peas
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) thinly sliced radishes
- 250 ml (1 cup) Thai basil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped green onions
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mild chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fish sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) sambal oelek
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) sugar
- Asian fried noodles
Click the steps to erase them.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Divide the sauce in 2 and set 1 half aside for the salad dressing at the end.
- Put the chicken breasts in a reusable plastic bag with the marinade and marinate 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan on medium high and fry chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on each side, then transfer to a 400 °F (200 °C) oven and roast for 20 minutes. Remove, cut chicken into medallions, and set aside.
- Combine all the vegetables and the sauce you set aside earlier in a large salad bowl and mix well. Arrange the roast chicken medallions on top and garnish with fried noodles.