Pretzel Crusted Chicken Nuggets & Honey-Sweetened Applesauce
In collaboration with
Trois fois par jour
Breasts Appetizers / tapas Oven Fryer To freeze In advance Kids’ Favourites Super bowl / sporting events
15 min Prepping
10 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor chicken breasts, cut into chunks of about 1 ½ inch
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a food processor, grind the pretzels into fine breadcrumbs.
- Put the flour in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a different bowl, combine the pretzels, Parmesan, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the chicken chunks in the flour, then soak in the beaten eggs and finally in the pretzel mixture. Place the chicken nuggets on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 °F, place the nuggets in the frying baskets and cook for 10 minutes, until the chicken is well cooked, and the breadcrumb is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients “for the sauce”. Serve the nuggets with the sauce.