QUINOA BOWL WITH AVOCADO, HOMEMADE CROUTONS, AND CARAMELIZED CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD AND HONEY
In collaboration with
Emilie Gaillet, Emilie Murmure
30 min Prepping
25 min Cooking
- 3 Exceldor chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) quinoa
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 can cherry tomatoes
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) capers
- 1 cup (250 ml) diced bread
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) old-fashioned mustard
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Set aside half for the vinaigrette (if it is a little thick, add a dash of water to thin). Add the chicken strips to the marinade and let stand for an hour or ideally overnight for more flavor and tenderness.
- In a bowl, mix the diced bread with a drizzle of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F (175 °C). Croutons must be golden and crispy.
- In a saucepan, place quinoa in twice its volume of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to minimum, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes. Once done, remove the pan from the heat and set aside for a few minutes without removing lid.
- Heat a bit of oil in a large non-stick skillet and cook the marinated chicken strips for 3–4 minutes on each side until golden brown and lightly caramelized (it’s better to cook a small amount of chicken at a time rather than all in the same skillet).
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and slice avocado.
- To serve, place quinoa in each bowl, add chopped lettuce, tomatoes and avocado slices, garnish with capers and homemade croutons, then top with caramelized chicken strips. Top generously with vinaigrette.
Skip this section