PARMESAN QUINOA PIE WITH CHICKEN, KALE, AND APPLE
In collaboration with
Emilie Gaillet, Emilie Murmure
6 and more Portions
30 min Prepping
1 Exceldor chicken breast On sale
- 3/4 cup (150 g) tricolour quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 heaping cup (110 g) grated Parmesan
- 3 eggs
- A pinch salt
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 1/2 cups (70 g) finely chopped kale (you can use herb scissors)
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cream
- 1 apple, halved and thinly sliced
- A handful arugula
- 1/4 cup (35 g) hazelnuts
Click the steps to erase them.
- Cover quinoa with double its volume in water. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Once quinoa is cooked and slightly cooled, mix with 1½ cups parmesan, one egg, and a pinch of salt. The texture should be mealy. Press mixture into the mould and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into small cubes and brown for a few minutes in a bit of vegetable oil. Salt and pepper generously. Add kale and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and blind bake crust 25 minutes.
- Transfer chicken mixture to mixing bowl and add two eggs, salt, remaining Parmesan, mustard, and cream. Mix well and pour onto crust.
- Continue baking in oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve pie topped with apples, arugula, and hazelnuts.