CHICKEN OSSO BUCO
20 min Prepping
45 min Cooking
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 cups (750 ml) carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 14 oz. (398 ml) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 ml) white wine
- ½ cup (125 ml) chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large pan, brown chicken in oil. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In the same pan, cook carrots, onion, and garlic until tender. Add tomatoes, wine, and chicken stock. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Place chicken on the vegetables and bake about 45 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked, i.e., to an internal temperature of 170°F (77°C).
- Mix all gremolata ingredients together.
- Serve chicken over a creamy polenta and garnish with the gremolata.