OPEN-FACED AVOCADO CHICKEN SANDWICHES WITH PISTACHIOS
20 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) oregano
- 1/2 tsp. (3 ml) salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices country-style bread
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, grated and dried
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish (e.g., basil, oregano, parsley, etc.)
Click the steps to erase them.
- Place all marinade ingredients in a resealable plastic bag, mix well, and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, prepare sauce by combining mayonnaise, yogurt, mint, cucumber, and chives. Add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat BBQ on high. On a well-oiled grill, cook chicken on indirect heat by turning off burner directly under chicken and leaving opposite burner on high. Grill chicken breasts at least 6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Let chicken rest 5 minutes, then cut diagonally into slices.
- Oil bread slices and toast on BBQ until crisp and golden brown.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading yogurt sauce, adding a few slices of avocado and chicken, and garnishing with fresh herbs and pistachios.