CREAMY BRUNCH CASSEROLE
With Turkey, Baby Potatoes, Bacon, Kale, and Poached Eggs
15 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 1½ cups (375 ml) leftover cooked Exceldor turkey meat
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) bacon, diced
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) leftover roasted baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) 15% cooking cream
- 4 poached eggs
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté shallot for 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 1 more minute. Add bacon and brown on all sides. Stir in turkey pieces and cook 2 minutes.
- Add kale and baby potatoes and cook 1 minute. Deglaze with cider vinegar. Once it has completely evaporated, add chicken stock and cream.
- Simmer over low heat several minutes until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Serve straight from the pot with poached eggs and toasted country bread.