CHICKEN AND PUMPKIN MACARONI AND CHEESE
In collaboration with
Hubert Cormier, Nutritionniste
6 and more Portions
30 min Prepping
30 min Cooking
6 Exceldor chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) water
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Herbes de Provence
- 3 cups (750 ml) macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) mild cheddar cheese, grated
- Chives as garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large pot, bring a large amount of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken thighs into small pieces.
- Brown chicken pieces in oil.
- Add water and Herbes de Provence, then season with salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- In another pot, mix the cold milk and flour.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Remove from heat when the first bubbles appear.
- Add 1 cup (250 ml) cheese and pumpkin puree.
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- Combine sauce, chicken, and pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with chives.