CHICKEN AND PESTO FARFALLE IN A POT
The famous one-pot pasta!
Perfect for chicken leftovers!
Believe it or not, all that remains is to serve it.
But the real truth is that I ended up cheating and making a few gourmet additions.
With roasted pine nuts, freshly chopped basil and grated Parmesan, this recipe is awesome! Your whole family will want seconds!
5 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 2 cups (500 ml) cold Exceldor whole chicken leftovers, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (375 g) of farfalle
- 5 cups (1.25 l) of 5% dairy blend for cooking
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. (75 ml) store-bought pesto, or more to taste
- 1 package (142 g) fresh baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken's cooking juice
- Toppings: roasted pine nuts, finely chopped fresh basil, grated parmesan
Click the steps to erase them.
- Combine the bow ties, dairy blend, chicken, cooking juice, ¼ cup (60 ml) pesto and ¼ tsp. (1 ml) salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium, cover and continue cooking for 7 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and 1 tbsp. (15 ml) or more pesto and stir constantly for at least 3 minutes until the spinach is cooked and the pasta is the desired consistency.