Cheesy air fried wonton quesadillas with chicken
Ground Poultry Appetizers / tapas Nachos and tacos Quiches, pâtés, pies, and puffs Oven Air fryer Fryer Mexican Recipes Cocktail hour Kids’ Favourites Super bowl / sporting events
25 min Prepping
10 min Cooking
- 1 trays of Exceldor ground chicken
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) tex-mex shredded cheese blend
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chili powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped garlic
- 1 small jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped red bell pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) freshly chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 32 sheet wonton wrappers
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with a little bit of water
For the sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sweet chili Thai sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) freshly chopped cilantro
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground chipotle chili pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh lime juice
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat the air fryer at 205 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with the green onions, cheese, chili powder, garlic, jalapeño, pepper, cilantro, and salt.
- Place 8 sheets of wonton wrappers on the countertop. In the centre of each sheet, place about 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the chicken mixture.
- Brush the egg yolk around the edge of the sheet. Fold the sheet over the filling and press the edges in order to seal the wonton tightly.
- Follow the same steps for the other wontons.
- In the basket of the air fryer, place the wontons and spray with cooking coating. Turn them over and spray them with cooking coating again.
- Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, turning the wontons halfway through.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce.
- Serve the wontons with the sauce.