WHOLE ROAST TURKEY WITH WILD MUSHROOM STUFFING AND MUSHROOM SAUCE
6 and more Portions
30 min Prepping
1 Exceldor Freezer to Oven turkey (5 to 7 kg) On sale
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) butter
- 1½ cups (375 ml) wild mushrooms (oyster, shiitake, cremini)
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) veal stock
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) crème fraiche
WILD MUSHROOM STUFFING
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/3 lb.(150 g) pancetta, cubed
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 8 oz (227 g) oyster, shiitake, or cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups (750 ml) white bread, crust removed, cubed
- 2 cups (500 ml) veal stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) roasted pecans, chopped
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Cook Freezer to Oven turkey according to instructions on package.
- In a skillet set over medium-high heat, melt butter. Sauté mushrooms 1 minute. Add shallot, garlic, and thyme. Cook another minute.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by three-quarters, then add veal stock and tomato paste. Reduce by half, then add crème fraiche. Adjust seasoning. Remove thyme. Keep warm.
Wild mushroom stuffing
- In a large saucepan, brown onions and pancetta in oil. Add mushrooms and garlic, and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add bread cubes and veal stock. Simmer gently about 45 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently, until stuffing is nice and thick. Add pecans and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve with turkey.
- Serve turkey with roasted baby potatoes.