TURKEY BOLOGNESE SAUCE
Stuff cannelloni with a filling of ground turkey, shredded turkey, basil, parsley, chives, breadcrumbs soaked in milk, roasted garlic, and French shallots. Serve with a marinara sauce.
Ground Poultry Stews and braises Pasta and risotto Sautés Skillet To freeze In advance Winter season Exceldor classics
20 min Prepping
1 lb. (450 g) Exceldor extra lean ground turkey 1 cup (250 ml) of Exceldor cooked turkey, shredded
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 8 pancetta slices, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced Italian tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 ml) pitted black Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh chives, chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large saucepan, fry pancetta over high heat in a little oil till crispy.
- Reduce heat to medium, add turkey pieces, mushrooms, onion, garlic and carrots.
- Mix well, cover, and continue cooking 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and olives. Simmer over low heat 1¼ hours. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with herbs and parmesan, and serve.