TEX MEX CHICKEN MEATBALL SALAD
In collaboration with
Héloïse Leclerc, Foodista en mission
15 min Prepping
10 min Cooking
- 1 tray of Exceldor ground chicken
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) cilantro, finely chopped (fresh parsley works just as well)
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 tbsp. (15 to 30 ml) Cajun spices, to taste
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) panko or breadcrumbs
CREAMY LIME AND CILANTRO SAUCE
- 1 cup (250 ml) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- Zest and juice of 1 lime (about 50 ml)
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coriander
- Leaves from 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, in slices
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- Optional: grilled corn, jalapeños, tomatoes
Click the steps to erase them.
- Place the rack at the top of the oven, then preheat oven to broil.
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a bowl and form a dozen meatballs of about 45 g each (slightly larger than a golf ball) and place them on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake the meatballs for 5 minutes on one side, turn and continue cooking for 4 minutes on the other side or until cooked through, which can take more or less time depending on the size of the meatballs.
- Meanwhile, put all the dressing ingredients in a blender and reduce to a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Wash and trim the vegetables, herbs and other salad ingredients. At this point, all that’s left is to divide the salad into each plate, taking care to divide the meatballs and toppings evenly, then cover with a generous amount of creamy lime and cilantro sauce. Add a bit of freshly ground pepper and this salad will make you forget you’re eating healthy! And remember: you have a lot of leeway with the salad’s ingredients. Grilled corn, jalapeños, tomatoes… the possibilities are endless. Have fun!