TERIYAKI CHICKEN BREASTS
15 min Prepping
10 min Cooking
- 4 Exceldor boneless chicken breasts, cut in two, lengthwise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-salt soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) honey
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) sherry or cranberry juice
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- Julienne strips of red peppers
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
Click the steps to erase them.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Flatten chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic film until 1.25 cm (½ in.) thick.
- Place chicken breasts in a zip lock bag and pour in marinade. Marinate 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade and place them on a plate.
- Pour marinade into a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce a few minutes and set aside.
- In a large pan, brown chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 1 minute and turn over. Continue cooking for 1 minute. Pour marinade in the pan and finish cooking over low heat for a few minutes. Top with red pepper and green onion Julienne strips and sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice and a green vegetable.