SPRING ROLLS WITH GRILLED CHICKEN, MANGO, AND AVOCADO
In collaboration with
Emilie Gaillet, Emilie Murmure
6 and more Portions
15 min Prepping
10 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor chicken breasts cut in strips
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1 fresh avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) rice vermicelli, cooked
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, julienned
- 10–12 rice paper wrappers
VIETNAMESE DIPPING SAUCE
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fish sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) cane sugar
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) rice vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) crushed red pepper
- 1 to 2 tbsp. (15–30 ml) hot water to dilute, to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- Place chicken strips in a round-bottomed mixing bowl, season generously with salt and pepper, and add your favourite spices.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken strips in a drizzle of hot oil for 3–4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Plunge rice vermicelli into a saucepan of boiling water. Remove from heat and let stand 3 minutes or until soft. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Soak one rice paper wrapper at a time in a shallow dish of warm water for a few seconds or until soft. Remove from water. Drain on a dry cloth and place on a clean, smooth surface (e.g., a plastic cutting board).
- Place one large Boston lettuce leaf in the centre of the rice paper wrapper, add about ¼ cup (60 ml) vermicelli, one grilled chicken strip, a few mango and avocado slices, a little green onion, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. Fold sides toward centre and roll up tightly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut spring rolls in half diagonally. Serve with Vietnamese dipping sauce if desired.