SPRING MINESTRONE WITH CHICKEN MEATBALLS
10 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
850 g (1 7/8 lb) of Exceldor Ground Chicken
- 8 cups (2 L) of Chicken Broth
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of Olive Oil
- 2 Leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) of Water
- 2 Carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups (500 ml) of Baby Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) of Orzo
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, half of the garlic, the egg, breadcrumbs, some salt and pepper.
- Form meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the meatballs until browned on all sides, around 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Note: meatballs will not be fully cooked.
- To the same pan, add the leek and the remaining garlic and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add broth and water and bring to a boil with the carrots and spinach.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Add meatballs and cook 3 minutes more, or until they are cooked through.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with Parmesan.