SHREDDED BBQ CHICKEN NACHOS
Breasts Nachos and tacos Oven Slow cooker Mexican Recipes Summertime Cocktail hour Internationally inspired
10 min Prepping
SHREDDED BBQ CHICKEN
- 6 Exceldor chicken breasts (equivalent to 1.5 kg)
- 1 cup (250 ml) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) salt
- 3 tsp. (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 ml) maple syrup
- 4 cups (1 l) cola
- 2 cups (500 ml) ketchup
- ½ cup (125 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp. to ¼ cup (45 to 60 ml) sriracha sauce, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) corn starch diluted in 2 tbsp. (30 ml) cold water
BBQ CHICKEN NACHOS AND SMOKED CHEESE
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- Your choice of toppings: sour cream, jalapeño slices, tomatoes, fresh cilantro, salsa, guacamole
- 5½ oz. (150 g) smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 lb. (450 g) shredded chicken
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients except the corn starch. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until the sauce tastes strong enough (the more water evaporates, the more intense the taste becomes).
- Arrange the onions at the bottom of your slow cooker and place the chicken breasts on top. Cover with the sauce and simmer for 4 hours or until the chicken is cooked and shreds easily.
- Shred the chicken breasts in the sauce using a fork. The chicken is now ready for use, or you can freeze it for later use.
- To prepare the nachos, spread the contents of a large bag on a baking sheet covered with foil. Cover with about 1 lb. (450 g) shredded chicken, then with smoked Gouda cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes at 400°F (250°C). Divide among serving plates then add your choice of toppings!