Chicken with creamy squash sauce
20 min Prepping
25 min Cooking
4 Exceldor chicken breasts
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) butternut squash peeled and diced
- 10 ml (2 tsp) chopped garlic
- 500 ml (2 cups) +/- chicken broth
- 5 ml (1 tsp) turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chicken seasoning
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cooking cream
- 8 small sage leaves
- Parmesan depends on you
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a saucepan, heat half of the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the onion, squash, and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Cover and continue cooking for 20 to 25 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- Using a hand blender, emulsify the preparation, until it is smooth and creamy.
- Apply the seasoning on the chicken breasts.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Brown the chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Pour in the cooking cream, add the squash preparation and the sage leaves.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low-medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, until the chicken meat is no longer pink inside.