ASIAN GLAZED CHICKEN, ROASTED VEGETABLES
25 min Prepping
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) mirin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, cut in 4 lengthwise
- 6 baby potatoes, cut each in 4
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 yellow beets, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 sprigs thyme stripped
- 2 sprigs rosemary stripped
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Generously season the chicken with salt inside the cavity and outside. Place in a large ovenproof skillet.
- Spread the vegetables around the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the glaze and brush the chicken with it.
- Bake for about 1 hour 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted between a thigh and the breast reads 180 °F (82 °C).
- During cooking, brush every 15 minutes with the glaze. If the chicken roasts too quickly, cover with foil.
- Turn the vegetables a few times during cooking.