CRISPY KOREAN CHICKEN
20 min Prepping
10 min Cooking
- 1/2 lb (454 g) Exceldor chicken breasts, cut in 2.5 cm (1") pieces
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) potato starch
- 1 white onion, cut in quarters
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, cut in 2.5 cm (1") sections
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) grated ginger
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) water
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) honey
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) potato starch
Click the steps to erase them.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and add chicken pieces. Marinate 20 minutes in the fridge while you’re working on the rest of the recipe.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add beaten egg and potato starch to marinated chicken. Mix with your hands until the chicken is well coated.
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium high, then fry the chicken pieces in small bunches so they won’t stick together. When chicken is nicely browned, remove and place on paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a nonstick pan and sauté onion, peppers, and green onion a few minutes till they start to turn colour but are still crunchy. Add sauce and stir constantly until it starts to thicken. Add chicken and stir it around to coat the pieces with sauce.
- Serve with steamed rice.