Brazilian chicken with vegetables Israeli couscous
In collaboration with
Samuel Joubert, Le Coup de Grâce
20 min Prepping
45 min Cooking
4 Nantes carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup cauliflower cut into small florets
1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous
1 concentrate cube chicken broth
2 cups water
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
Salt and pepper from the mill
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove chicken from wrapper, throw paper towel under chicken and place on baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F in a breast.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium high heat, put the vegetables, drizzle a good dash of olive oil, season with salt and pepper then mix. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the couscous and the cube of concentrate then mix. Cook for 1 minute while stirring and break up the broth cube.
- Add water and spices, season with salt and pepper then mix. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the couscous is cooked and the liquid absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, add the bell pepper and mix. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with the best Brazilian BBQ chicken by Exceldor !