ORANGE-ROSEMARY GLAZED TURKEY
6 and more Portions
10 min Prepping
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) orange juice
- ½ cup (125 ml) orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) maple syrup
- Sections of 1 orange
- Sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil with orange juice, marmalade, maple syrup, and orange sections.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until thickened (15 to 20 minutes), stirring occasionally. Incorporate rosemary. Let cool. Glaze will be brushed on turkey during cooking so that it will be thoroughly coated.
- Remove “Freezer to Oven” whole turkey from bag and place directly in a roasting pan, without thawing.
- The plastic leg tie is specially designed for oven cooking.
- Place roasting pan in oven with lid on.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Click here to consult the cooking table for “Freezer to Oven” whole turkey.
- After 3 hours of cooking, insert cooking thermometer deeply between thigh and breast without touching bone.
- Continue cooking until thermometer reaches 180°F (82°C).
- Remove lid and brush turkey with glaze during last hour of cooking.
- Let the turkey sit for 15 minutes before carving.