ORANGE CHILI FLATTENED CHICKEN
15 min Prepping
45 min Cooking
1 Exceldor whole chicken, flattened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) barbecue sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) ground coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- Salt and pepper to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- Place all ingredients and chicken in a large sealable plastic bag. Close bag and massage gently to mix ingredients and let marinade soak into chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lay chicken with breast facing up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place onion and orange slices over and around chicken.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken reads 165°F (74°C).