OPEN-FACED HOT TURKEY SANDWICH WITH SHALLOT AND WHITE WINE SAUCE
20 min Prepping
30 min Cooking
- 1 lb (450 g) of Exceldor turkey, cooked and shredded
- 4 Kaiser buns, halved and buttered
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) butter
- 1½ cups (375 ml) mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 French shallots, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 2 cups (500 ml) homemade or store-bought demi-glace sauce
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook till they change colour slightly.
- Add mushrooms, peas, parsley, and white wine. Continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Add demi-glace sauce and turkey, continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until turkey is hot. Set aside.
- Toast buttered buns in the oven. Place them on plates and pour the turkey mixture between the buns.