ONE-POT RIGATONI WITH FAJITA CHICKEN
15 min Prepping
25 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1 store-bought fajita seasoning package
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers (your choice), cut in strips
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) chicken broth
- 1 can (300 g) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 g) dried rigatoni
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cilantro sprouts
- Grated cheese, to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a big, heavy-bottomed pot, heat 2 tbsp. (30 ml) oil and sauté onion for a few minutes.
- Add chicken strips and half the fajita seasoning. Stir until chicken is evenly coated and cook until browned.
- Set chicken aside in bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp. (30 ml) oil in pot and sauté peppers for 2 to 4 minutes, or until tender, but still colored.
- Set vegetables aside.
- Add broth, tomatoes, fajita seasoning, and dried pasta to pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook for 15 minutes. *Liquid must be almost fully absorbed.
- Mix pasta, chicken, and vegetables together in pot.
- Add pepper, cilantro, and cheese to taste. Serve!
CHEF’S TIP: For an even quicker meal, buy pre-cut vegetables at the grocery store—a bit more expensive, but oh-so-convenient!