In collaboration with
Caroline Savard, Wooloo
5 min Prepping
5 min Cooking
- 2 Shish Taouk–marinated Exceldor chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup (125 ml) Greek yogurt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tahini
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. (1 ml) cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1/8 tbsp. (2 ml) smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) maple syrup
Click the steps to erase them.
- Thread chicken cubes onto skewers.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F (180°C) or grill for 7 to 10 minutes per side.
- Squeeze grated cucumber in clean cloth to extract juices, then place in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, season to taste, and mix well. Refrigerate one hour before serving.
CHEF’S TIP: Use Mediterranean fruits to add color and pizzazz to your lunches, e.g., dried fruits, tangerines, and banana slices.
For Tzatziki sauce: Use a spiral cutter to cut vegetables differently—you can make cucumber spaghetti!
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Poke holes into eggplants with fork, place on baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Once eggplants have cooled down enough, remove flesh.
- In blender, puree eggplants. Add tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, parsley, paprika, and maple syrup. Taste and tweak as required.
- Serve Baba Ghanouj as dip.
NOTE : Baba Ghanouj is good on everything! You can add it to sandwiches. It can also be frozen.