MARILOU’S COQ AU VIN
In collaboration with
Trois fois par jour
30 min Prepping
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 container (227g) white mushrooms, quartered
- 8 slices pancetta, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups light, fruity red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Click the steps to erase them.
- Debone chicken and cut into 8 pieces, separating breasts, drumsticks, thighs, and wings.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150 °C) with rack in middle position.
- In a large skillet, melt butter on high heat, then brown chicken pieces on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and reduce heat to medium.
- Sauté mushrooms, pancetta, and onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic, flour, and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Pour in red wine, water, and maple syrup, add bay leaves and stir well.
- Place chicken in sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake for 90 minutes.
- Finish sauce by adding sour cream and parsley. Adjust seasoning as needed and serve.