MARILOU’S BAKED CHICKEN NUGGETS WITH 3 DIPPING SAUCES
In collaboration with
Trois fois par jour
6 and more Portions
10 min Prepping
25 min Cooking
- 1 tbsp. + ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ cups plain or Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tsp. honey
DIJONNAISE CURRY SAUCE
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. curry powder
AVOCADO AND TARRAGON SAUCE
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried tarragon)
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into large slices, then into nuggets about 3 cm x 3 cm.
- Place chicken in a large bowl, top with 1 tbsp. flour, and combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with ¼ cup flour, onion powder, and salt to make a batter.
- Pour the batter over the chicken and mix well to coat.
- Then pour the breadcrumbs over the chicken and stir well.
- Place nuggets in a single layer on the baking sheet, making sure they are all evenly coated with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes depending on size.
- In the meantime, mix the ingredients for the sauce of your choice. For the avocado sauce, mash the avocados using a fork or in the blender.
- Serve the chicken nuggets with the sauce.