MAPLE, GARLIC, AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR CHICKEN WITH MASHED POTATOES
Thighs Stews and braises Oven In advance Thanksgiving Winter season Marinades Holiday season Maple season
15 min Prepping
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Rosemary, to taste
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 5 ml corn starch in 125 ml water
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 125 ml butter
- 125 ml water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Italian parsley leaves
Click the steps to erase them.
Chicken and sides
- Combine all marinade ingredients.
- Marinate chicken thighs for as long as desired (up to 2 days).
- Place the marinated chicken thighs, carrots, onions, dried tomatoes, chicken broth and rosemary in an ovenproof dish.
- Put in oven preheated to 350°F. Cook for 2 hours.
- Mix corn starch and water. Add to sauce to thicken.
- Place mashed potato ingredients in a nonstick pan and cover. Cook over medium-high heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and mash.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken and sides. Garnish with Italian parsley leaves.