LOUISIANA CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA
Breasts Sandwiches & burgers BBQ Oven Summertime Internationally inspired Quick recipes Super bowl / sporting events
20 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 4 brioche rolls
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh pineapple, diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cucumber, peeled and diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh cilantro leaves, washed, spun dry, and minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) store-bought mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) chipotle salsa
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and spun dry
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Place marinated chicken breasts on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes (see note). Set aside.
- Prepare the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- Prepare the chipotle mayo. Mix mayonnaise and chipotle salsa together in another small bowl, set aside.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading rolls with chipotle mayonnaise, then layering them with lettuce, avocado slices, grilled chicken, and pineapple salsa.