15 min Prepping
35 min Cooking
4 Exceldor BBQ whisky and brown sugar-marinated boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) chopped green onion for garnish
Click the steps to erase them.
- Heat 1 tbsp. (15 ml) vegetable oil in a deep non-stick pan on medium high. Sear marinated chicken breasts, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Add the rest of the vegetable oil to the pan, brown onions, celery, and peppers, then cook for about 4 minutes. Add garlic, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in rice, add chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Place chicken breasts on the rice mixture. Cover and lower the heat. Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat, cut chicken into strips, and serve with the rice. Garnish with parsley and green onion.