HONEY SESAME CHICKEN
15 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor chicken breasts cut in strips
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (450 g) sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) honey
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) sambal oelek hot sauce (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. (1.2 ml) salt
- 100 g (approx. 20) green beans, trimmed
- Toasted sesame seeds
Click the steps to erase them.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Brown diced sweet potatoes for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer sweet potatoes to a separate dish and increase heat to high.
- In the same skillet, add a little oil as needed and brown chicken strips without moving for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Add garlic and deglaze with chicken broth, honey, and hot sauce.
- Add salt, green beans, and sweet potatoes, and cover. Cook 5 minutes, remove lid and continue cooking another 5 minutes or until chicken pieces are evenly coated with honey mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.