GROUND TURKEY MEATBALL AND HEARTY VEGETABLE SOUP
15 min Prepping
25 min Cooking
- 1 lb. (450 g) Exceldor ground turkey
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1½ cups (375 ml) carrots, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1½ cups (375 ml) celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups (1 l) low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) dried thyme
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) dried marjoram
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) dried rosemary
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) garlic powder
- ¼ cup (60 ml) orzo
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large saucepan, over high heat, brown the onion with the olive oil for about 1 minute. Add the carrots, celery and garlic and brown for 2 more minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and water as well as the thyme, marjoram and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and shape into small meatballs with your hands, about half the size of a golf ball.
- Add the meatballs and orzo to the stock, bring to a boil again and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper and serve.