GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH GREEK-STYLE SALSA AND TOASTED TORTILLAS
In collaboration with
Nancy Bordeleau, Cinq Fourchettes
20 min Prepping
25 min Cooking
4 Exceldor shish taouk marinated boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) canola oil
- 2 cups (500 ml) greens of your choice
- 1 cup (250 ml) sprouts of your choice
- Lemon wedges
- 2 large tortillas
- Greek spices mix, to taste
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil or margarine
- 1 cup (250 ml) mixed cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) feta, diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- Splash of lemon juice
- Several mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) mayonnaise
- 3–4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. (3 ml) salt
- A bit of pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Brush both sides of tortillas with olive oil or margarine.
- Sprinkle with Greek spices.
- Cut tortillas into triangles with scissors or a pizza cutter.
- Place triangles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes. Check to make sure they don’t overcook. Cook just until they turn golden. Set aside.
- While tortillas are toasting, heat canola oil in a pan.
- Brown chicken breasts on both sides and transfer to an ovensafe dish.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake at 350°F (180°C) 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, put tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, olives, and onions into a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, mint, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix the garlic sauce ingredients.
- Once chicken is cooked, let rest for a few minutes. Meanwhile, begin plating, starting with the greens, sprouts, and a bit of garlic sauce. Place one sliced chicken breast on each plate and garnish with Greek-style salsa. Serve with lemon wedges and toasted tortillas!