CORNISH HENS WITH FIGS AND WHITE WINE
In collaboration with
Camille Brunelle, Champagne & Brunelle
20 min Prepping
- 6 dried figs
- 1 handful dried cranberries
- ¾ cup (180 ml) white wine
- 6 small yellow onions
- 150 g lardoons
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock (or more if necessary)
- 2 tbsp. (45 ml) olive oil
- 12-15 small potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 heads broccoli
- 1 red pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Rehydrate the figs and cranberries in the white wine for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Make sure the Cornish Hens are completely thawed and place them in a large baking dish. Season the inside of the Hens with salt and pepper and stuff them with 2 (whole) small onions.
- Tie up the ends of the drumsticks to ensure that everything stays closed during cooking.
- Add in the other onions (quartered), the white wine figs and cranberries, the lardoons and the stock.
- Brush the Hens with oil, season the entire dish, and place in the oven. The cooking time can vary according to size of the Hens, but allow about 2 hours and baste with broth regularly.
- 30 minutes before the end of cooking, add the small potatoes and continue basting so they cook well.
- Serve with green vegetables such as broccoli or beans and lightly roasted red peppers.