CORNISH HEN WITH RAISINS, ALMONDS, AND BRANDY
In collaboration with
Coup de pouce
A recipe brought to you by Coup de Pouce!
15 min Prepping
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) duck fat or vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced in rings
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brandy
- 1 cup (250 ml) golden raisins
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) whole almonds, blanched
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Season Hen with salt and pepper. In a large oven-safe skillet, melt duck fat over medium-high heat. Add Hen and brown on all sides. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and sauté until golden brown, stirring constantly. Deglaze pan with brandy and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in raisins, almonds and chicken broth. Simmer 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Return Hen to skillet. Bake in 400ºF (200ºC) oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until the Hen is no longer pink inside. Remove Hen from skillet and set aside on a plate. Simmer raisin sauce over high heat for 5 minutes or until thickened. Set Hen over raisin sauce on a serving platter.