CORNISH HEN WITH LAVENDER, THYME, AND LEMON
In collaboration with
Samuel Joubert, Le Coup de Grâce
5 min Prepping
1 Exceldor Cornish hen, about 675 g
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) lavender
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) white wine
- Dried thyme
- Salt and ground pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Place hen in a large resealable bag and add the olive oil, zest and juice of half a lemon, lavender, fresh thyme, and white wine. Season with salt and pepper and close the bag. Mix well and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place hen on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put the remaining lemon half inside the cavity. Season the hen all over and sprinkle with dried thyme, to taste.
- Put in oven and roast for 50 to 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180 °F (82 °C). Serve over Israeli couscous with vegetables!