INDIVIDUAL CHICKEN POT PIES
Served with Spiced Peach Chutney
6 and more Portions
30 min Prepping
25 min Cooking
CHICKEN POT PIES2 packages (850 g) Exceldor extra lean ground chicken 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. (3 ml) fresh savoury
1 tsp. (5 ml) ground allspice
1 pinch ground cloves
1 bay leaf
1 cup chicken broth
2 sheets store-bought puff pastry, 25x25 cm (10x10 in.) each
1 egg, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
SPICED PEACH CHUTNEY
- 12 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. (1 ml) ground cloves
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) chili sauce (sriracha or sambal oelek)
- 1 cup (250 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ⅓ cups (300 g) brown sugar
- Salt and ground pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
Chicken Pot Pies
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and brown onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add chicken, savoury, allspice, cloves, and bay leaf.
- Continue cooking until chicken is golden brown. Add chicken broth and reduce until almost all liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf and let cool.
- Cut small circles of pastry using a 12-cm round cookie cutter or bowl. Fit pastry rounds into cups of a muffin pan.
- Spoon chicken mixture into pastry cups. Cover with a second pastry round and seal, brushing edges with beaten egg then crimp with a fork. Brush pies with remaining egg.
- Bake on lower rack for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes, remove from muffin pan, and serve with chutney.
Spiced Peach Chutney
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat olive oil. Cook peaches about 5 minutes, then add onion and ginger. Cook 2 minutes. Add spices, chili sauce, cider vinegar, bay leaf, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil then reduce and simmer about 30 minutes until mixture is thick like jam.
- Remove from heat, transfer to glass jar, and cool.
- Serve with chicken pies.