CHICKEN POT PIE WITH GREEN SALAD
20 min Prepping
45 min Cooking
2 Exceldor Chicken Breasts, cut into cubes
- 6 tbsp. (90 ml) of Butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) of Unbleached Flour
- 1 tbsp. of Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of Milk
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) of Chicken Broth
- 2 Yellow Onions, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 sprigs of Celery, diced
- 2 Russet Burkbank Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) of Green Peas
- 4 Pie Dough
- 6 cups (1.5 L) of Baby Spinach
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of White Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
Chicken Pot Pie
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, mix half of the butter with half of the flour. Set aside.
- In a second small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the milk. Set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté the onion, carrot, celery and chicken in the rest of the butter for 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the broth and the potato and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the reserved butter and flour mixture and bring to a boil again, stirring.
- Add the milk and cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the peas. Let cool slightly.
- With remaining flour, flour a work surface and roll the doughs to make 2 disks large enough to cover a pie dish. Place a rolled dough disk at the bottom of pie dish.
- Pour chicken mixture into pie dish. Place the second rolled dough disk on top and bake for 25 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss spinach with vinegar and oil.
- Serve side salad with chicken pot pie slices.