CHICKEN, MUSHROOM, AND HAZELNUT RISOTTO
In collaboration with
Hubert Cormier, Nutritionniste
5 min Prepping
40 min Cooking
- 450 g Exceldor chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) Arborio rice
- 1 cup (250 ml) white wine
- 8 cups (2 L) reduced-salt chicken broth, heated
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) hazelnuts, whole or crushed
Click the steps to erase them.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and sauté union until transparent.
- Add chicken and sauté gently until well cooked.
- Season mushrooms and sauté for a few moments. Set aside.
- Pour rice into the same saucepan and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Deglaze with white wine and simmer until wine is almost completely evaporated.
- Add small amounts of chicken broth (around 1 cup [250 ml]) at a time. Stir well with a wooden spoon to make sure the rice absorbs most of the broth before adding more.
- Cook for around 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and add rice to chicken and vegetable mixture. Add grated Parmesan and stir.
- Adjust seasoning as needed and add hazelnuts. Stir again.
- Garnish with sprigs of rosemary and hazelnuts. Serve immediately.