TURKEY MEATLOAF WITH STRAWBERRY, BASIL, AND LEMON JAM AND BACON
In collaboration with
Samuel Joubert, Le Coup de Grâce
25 min Prepping
- 2 trays of Exceldor ground chicken
- 10 slices bacon
- 8 large brown mushrooms, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 French shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) Tigidou strawberry basil and lemon jam
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp. (3 ml) dried basil
- Salt and ground pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Put the bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until slightly crispy. Transfer to paper towels and blot to absorb the fat. Chop and set aside.
- Heat a pan over high heat and cook the mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring to draw out the liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Tip into a bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add a dash of olive oil, shallots, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes to soften. Season with salt and pepper. Tip into the bowl with the mushrooms and add the Worcestershire sauce. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, 2 tbsp. jam, eggs, breadcrumbs, milk, basil, chopped bacon, and the mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
- Place the mixture in a buttered 23 x 13 cm ( 9 x 5 in.) bread pan. Spread the rest of the jam over the top and place in oven. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 °F (77 °C). Cover with aluminum foil if the jam caramelizes too quickly! Let the meatloaf sit for a few minutes before slicing and serving.