CHICKEN ENCHILADAS WITH MOZZARELLA AND SOUR CREAM
10 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
- 2 trays of Exceldor Ground Chicken
- 2/3 cup (170 ml) of Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 4 Tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) of Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) of Chili Powder (optional)
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) of Cumin (optional)
- 1 Jalapeño, roughly chopped
- 8 Tortillas
- 200 g of Mozzarella
- 150 g (1/3 lb) of Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a large pan, add oil and cook ground chicken for 2 minutes over medium-high heat to brown it.
- Add half of the onions and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add remaining onion and half of the garlic to another pan. Add tomatoes and paprika. Salt and pepper. Toss and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add to the chicken pan: spices (optional), jalapeño (to taste), the rest of the garlic, and the reserved tomato mixture and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Stir content of both pans and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook for a few minutes until thickened, around 5 to 7 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon chicken mixture onto the center of each tortilla.
- Arrange tortillas on the bottom of a coated baking dish or on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Top with tomato mixture left in the pan and cheese. Broil in oven 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream.