CHICKEN, CORN, AND WHITE BEAN CHILI AND CHEESE NACHOS
In collaboration with
Trois fois par jour
Breasts Casseroles and gratins Nachos and tacos Oven Mexican Recipes Winter season Internationally inspired
15 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
- 2 chicken breats, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (540 ml) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen kernel corn
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups store-bought chicken broth
- 2 limes
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 to 3 cups corn tortilla chips
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt the butter, then sauté the onion, jalapeno, and chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the white beans, corn, onion powder, cumin, and flour, then continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and juice of 1 lime. Stir well, bring to a boil, and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a gratin dish or individual cassolettes, or leave in the pan if it is going in the oven.
- Top with half the cheese. Top with tortilla chips, then add the rest of the cheese. Broil for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish each serving with a lime wedge.