CHICKEN, CORN, AND WHITE BEAN CHILI AND CHEESE NACHOS
In collaboration with
Trois fois par jour
15 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor BBQ whisky and brown sugar marinated boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (540 ml) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen kernel corn
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups store-bought chicken broth
- 2 limes
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 to 3 cups corn tortilla chips
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt the butter, then sauté the onion, jalapeno, and chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the white beans, corn, onion powder, cumin, and flour, then continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and juice of 1 lime. Stir well, bring to a boil, and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a gratin dish or individual cassolettes, or leave in the pan if it is going in the oven.
- Top with half the cheese. Top with tortilla chips, then add the rest of the cheese. Broil for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish each serving with a lime wedge.