CHICKEN, CORN, AND SWEET POTATO CHOWDER
In collaboration with
Hubert Cormier, Nutritionniste
10 min Prepping
40 min Cooking
- 1 cup (250 ml) Exceldor ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) kernel corn, frozen or canned
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) spinach, chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) reduced-salt chicken
- 1 cup (250 ml) 5% M.F. cooking cream
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chorizo, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- Mix together ground chicken, egg, and Italian breadcrumbs in a bowl, then form balls the size of ping pong balls.
- Pour oil into a large skillet and sweat onion for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken balls and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add sweet potato, red bell pepper, corn kernels, and spinach. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer ingredients to a saucepan and add broth.
- Season to taste and cook for approx. 30 minutes or until sweet potato cubes are tender.
- Add cream and Sriracha sauce. Let simmer 2 minutes.
- Add chorizo to chowder and serve.