CHICKEN BURGER ON CIABATTA BREAD WITH MUSHROOMS
In collaboration with
Nancy Bordeleau, Cinq Fourchettes
15 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
2 Exceldor BBQ whisky and brown sugar marinated boneless chicken breasts On sale
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) canola oil
- 1/3 red onion
- 4 white mushrooms
- 1 container (8 oz) shiitake mushrooms
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat grill to 350°F (175°C).
- Sear chicken breasts 1–2 minutes on each side.
- Turn off burners on one side of grill, then move chicken to that side to cook over indirect heat. Cook 15–20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- Meanwhile, thinly slice white mushrooms and onion.
- Heat butter and oil in a saucepan.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 5–6 minutes or until softened, season with salt and pepper, then keep warm.
- Remove chicken from grill and let stand under foil for a few minutes.
- Brown rolls on grill. Turn off grill and assemble burgers.
- Spread mayonnaise on bread, then add lettuce, chicken, and cheese. Top with onions, mushrooms, and other half of roll.
- Serve with fries and onion rings.