CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES
If the proposed quantity of Cajun spices is respected, then this recipe would be considered “very spicy”. For those with a more sensitive palate, use only half of the spices or skip step 2 and add the spices along with the rest of the ingredients in step 4.
- 2 Exceldor Chicken Breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 pack (400 g) of Penne
- 2 c. à soupe (30 ml) of Cajun spices
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) of Butter
- 4 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) of 5% Cooking Cream
- 2/3 cup (170 ml) of Sun-Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 8 g of Basil, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring from time to time. Drain, and reserve. Save some cooking water for later.
- In a bowl, toss chicken with Cajun seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add green onion, cream, sundried tomatoes and some salt and pepper to taste. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until warmed throughout.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to coat with the sauce. Add reserved cooking water if more sauce is desired and toss well.
- Garnish with basil.