SPICY TURKEY BURGERS
10 min Prepping
10 min Cooking
- 4 Exceldor extra lean ground turkey burgers
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) hot sauce (sambal, oelek, sriracha, etc.)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 Italian tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a deep dish, combine flour and cayenne pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with a fork and add salt.
- In a deep dish, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Coat turkey patties with flour and cayenne pepper mix, shaking off the excess.
- Dip patties in egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Dip in egg mixture again, then coat again with breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown turkey burgers. Continue cooking in oven for 10 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
- Serve burgers garnished with spicy mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber.
Make a salsa using mango, tomatoes, shallots, fresh coriander, and lime juice to garnish your burgers.